ENTER TO WIN!
A Northern Divine Caviar Gift Set valued at $500
Get inspired by this local restaurant's tasty dish to create your very own Target Marine sturgeon recipe. Email your sturgeon recipe and image of your dish email@example.com for your chance to WIN a Northern Divine Caviar Gift Set. Your recipe and image will be posted in the Coast Reporter, The Local as well as on our website.
Entry Deadline Aug 31, 2015
Recipe by Ty’s Fine Foods in Sechelt
Target Marine sturgeon chowder in a lemongrass coconut broth
- 1/2 lb certified organic Target Marine sturgeon
- 16 Prawns
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp Ginger minced
- 1 stalk Lemongrass smashed and removed after simmering
- 1/2 cup Onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Celery (small dice)
- 1/2 cup Fennel thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Yellow Pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Sherry
- 2 cups Fish Stock
- 1 can (14 oz) Coconut Milk
- 1 Red Thai Chili Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro rough chopped
- 2 Tbsp Lime juice
- 1.5 tsp Salt
Preheat soup pot over medium heat. Sauté the aromatics; the ginger, onion, garlic, celery, lemongrass, and fennel. Sauté for about 5 mins. Then add the peppers and sauté for another 3-4 mins.
Add the sherry to deglaze the pot. Add the stock, coconut milk, chili pepper, lime juice. Bring to a boil, and then simmer on medium low heat uncovered for 30 mins. Add the Target Marine sturgeon and prawns and continue simmering for another 10 mins.
Be sure to remove lemongrass and chili pepper. Season soup with salt and pepper.
Ladle soup into bowls, and garnish with chopped fresh cilantro.
For more delicious recipes visit www.northerndivine.com/caviar/recipes
Sturgeon Meat available at:
- Dave the Butcher’s in Sechelt
- Sechelt Fish Market in Sechelt
- IGA Gibsons